Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The scope of my project

This blog is going to be a tool that will help me organize my thoughts and research pertaining to both my senior project and graphic design capstone classes. These classes go hand in hand. Their purpose is to help me create an awesome project for my portfolio that will blow people out of the water.

My idea is to go in depth about energy drinks. I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly things of this topic. In able to do so, I will conduct research on energy drinks. I want to know things like target markets, how much sugar is in each drink, why people drink them, and if there are any health concerns surrounded by the products. The research will be seen through this blog as well as in a 20 page paper. For the paper, I plan on keeping an open mind so I can cover multiple angles. Therefore the paper will be informative rather than argumentative.

After the research phase is completed with an extensive paper, I will create a product line of energy drinks that will be showcased in my portfolio. My overall idea for this is to create an energy drink for each of the seven deadly sins. These include: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

My theory is that everyone turns to drinking energy drinks for a certain reason whether it be that they're tired, that their friends drink them, or that they are thirsty. I think all of these reasons can relate to one of the seven deadly sins. Therefore, each sin will have it's own flavor and each one will "satisfy" the sin that is haunting the person. An example would be that the sloth flavor would help you stay awake.

This is the beginning of my idea and I am excited to run with it to see where it goes. I'm hoping that the end result of this process will leave me with an amazing portfolio piece that will help people remember me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment